TIPS is a national certification which you will obtain during your time with us. This is a skill-based training program that is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking and drunk driving,
This course is designed to educate our students and train them in all facets of responsible sale, service and consumption of alcohol. TIPS will give individuals the knowledge they need to recognize potential alcohol related problems, before they occur.
During the time you are with us, you WILL complete this course. One does not need to return at a later date after you finish to obtain this certification. Some bartending schools offer this course but, make you return at a later date; hence you will not be able to obtain employment until you complete this program. BEWARE!!
The state of Rhode Island now requires all employees who either serve alcohol, prepare alcoholic beverages, or who come in contact with any person that may have been drinking, to be certified in an ALCOHOL AWARENESS TRAINING.
*Included in the mixology I Course!
TIPS provides all of the following:
- Recognize signs of intoxication.
- Intervene more quickly in potential problem situations.
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors.
- Compliance with state and local regulations.
- Decreased penalties for alcohol violations.
- Improved customer service and satisfaction
- What does the bartender (or server) do in a “dangerous” situation?
- Learn how important is communication between the bartender (server) and guest and other employees.