Students spend 70% of class time behind a fully equipped training bar developing all the necessary skills and acquiring the essential knowledge to mix 75 popular drinks, using simulated liquor. An experienced instructor will first, fully explain and demonstrate the preparation of the drinks, then the students will actually practice the preparation of the same drinks behind the bar.
The additional 30% of the course is spent in lecture, covering the following.
- Bar set-up including how to prepare garnishes
- Opening, maintaining & closing the bar
- Knowledge of liquor, cocktails, and Bar science
- Interview skills
- Customer service
- Responsibility to establishment of employment
- Development of multiple drink order skills
- Bar terminology
- Quality and presentation of cocktails